Situated in Dalveen, Queensland and close to natural attractions, national parks and reserves, the Straw House bed & breakfast is an established 3-star bed & breakfast just 20 minutes North of Stanthorpe.
Close to Heritage Wines of Stanthorpe and within 20 km of Summit Estate Wines and Stanthorpe Heritage Museum. Stanthorpe Sports and Country Club and Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre are also within 20 km.
Featuring a 3 bedroom straw bale residence with lovely country style kitchen with granite bench-tops, gas cooking and plenty of space, large dining area off the kitchen, spacious lounge area with wood heating, big bathroom with shower and toilet plus a second toilet in the laundry, a sunroom off the dining and a private courtyard at the entrance, the ideal place to entertain friends and family. Adjacent to the main residence is an additional 2 bedrooms, also made of straw bale and currently used as a B&B with each room boasting its own beautiful, natural boutique bathroom.
The owners have worked hard to create a solid small business, attracting a good clientele basis during the peak season, offering a fresh continental breakfast for clients to enjoy in the comfort of their own room, along with a microwave, bar fridge, tea and coffee making facilities available a 4-bay carport close by. Working towards being as Eco as possible, the owners have invested in solar hot water and 6 KVA solar electric panels.
The property has two large water tanks that supply both buildings, with a UV filter attached. The 18 acres of versatile land is suitable for fruit and vegetable growing, livestock, or simply lifestyle, with storage and workshop sheds including a barn nicely-positioned on the property, as well as a large deep spring fed dam, upgraded pumps that feeds the main front facing paddock and a well that feeds water to the gardens surrounding the main buildings.
This multi-faceted property is offering tremendous value for money to the buyer market and an inspection is highly recommended by the agent, so contact Scott Mann on 0427 814 444 to arrange an appointment today.
- 3 bedroom main residence, 2 bedroom B&B, both constructed from straw bale
- Country-style kitchen with granite bench-tops and gas cooking
- Dining area off the kitchen, sunroom off the dining
- Large lounge room with wood heating ducted to rooms
- Spacious bathroom with shower, toilet, second toilet in laundry
- Front courtyard, enclosed
- 2 detached bedrooms, en-suite in each, currently used as B&B accommodation
- 4 bay carport plus barn, storage shed and workshop
- Lovely landscaped gardens around buildings
- Deep spring-fed dam with upgraded pumps feeding main paddock
- Well feeding water to gardens surrounding main buildings
- 22 acres suitable for fruit and vegetable growing, livestock, lifestyle
- Great opportunity to work from home or expand current B&B/holiday accommodation
Land size: 7 Ha (22 acres approx.)